Chetumal, Quintana Roo — Quintana Roo has administered 190,392 vaccine doses, exceeding its original target by 60%, state health officials announced Tuesday.
Flavio Carlos Rosado, head of the state Health Department (Sesa), said the initial goal was 119,212 doses. The state has now vaccinated more than 190,000 people, achieving nearly 160% of the official target.
“We have vaccinated more than 190,000 people; we are at almost 160% progress, that is, 60% above the officially set goal,” Carlos Rosado said.
The federal vaccination drive was originally scheduled to end earlier this month, but high public participation prompted authorities to extend the campaign through May 31. Vaccines are available at clinics, mobile medical units, and temporary modules in public squares and residential areas.
Measles cases slowing
A key focus of the 2026 campaign has been measles prevention. The Yucatan Peninsula remains under strict epidemiological surveillance due to high international tourism traffic.
Carlos Rosado reported that the state has administered 421,706 measles-specific doses in recent months, a massive coverage effort that is already showing results.
“We have begun to see a clear slowdown in recently detected measles cases. That is what is truly important, although we are obviously not letting our guard down,” he said.
The Health Department emphasized that epidemiological surveillance operates year-round across all 11 municipalities, coordinated with the federal General Directorate of Epidemiology.
Authorities urged families to check their national health cards and visit fixed health centers, community hospitals, mobile medical caravans, or outdoor modules before the extended campaign ends.
Discover more from Riviera Maya News & Events
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.
