PLAYA DEL CARMEN – A productive meeting was held between the Consejo Coordinador Empresarial del la Riviera Maya (CCE Riviera Maya), headed by President Lenin Amaro Betancourt, and the Secretary of Finance of Quintana Roo, Dr. Yohanet Torres in regard to the possibility of restaurants opening at more than 50% capacity.
It was determined that restaurants may be able to increase their capacity by more than 50% but will have to comply with the new protocols. Currently all establishments in the state can remain open until 12:00 midnight.
All establishments in the state will have the option to remain open until 12:00 midnight.
At the moment, there is no possibility of extending the hours past 12 midnight. It is recommended that the last customers enter at 10:30 pm so that they can leave at 12 midnight at the latest.
At this moment, according to the limitations set forward by the epidemiological stoplight, which is currently in orange, the permitted capacity in restaurants is 50%.
The program of “safe access and open space” in restaurants and hotels will be offered to those restaurants that wish to expand their capacity. They must comply with the five additional measures established by the governor.
They may additionally opt for a certificate from COFEPRIS that verifies that the requirements detailed below are met in order to increase the capacity. Additional measures include the following.
- Giving preference to the use of open spaces and maximize the use of natural ventilation in closed spaces.
- Requesting proof of vaccination, negative PCR or antigen tests (valid within 72 hours) from all guests entering the establishment.
- Vaccinating all staff or requiring a negative PCR/antigen test every 3 days.
- Prohibiting access to clients after 10:30 pm in restaurants in order to close at the established closing time.
- Installing HEPA filters and carbon dioxide meters in establishments with enclosed spaces that do not have natural ventilation.
COFEPRIS will issue a certificate verifying compliance with these “voluntary” guidelines which will allow a restaurant to operate at over 50% capacity.
The Consejo Coordinador Empresarial del Riviera Maya is the business association that coordinates the main chambers and associations of the Riviera Maya.
Source: CCE Riviera Maya