Cancún, Quintana Roo — Quintana Roo has confirmed 10 measles cases, doubling from five reported last week, according to the latest federal health department report.
Governor Mara Lezama Espinosa confirmed the figures on Tuesday afternoon after participating in a virtual meeting led by President Claudia Sheinbaum Pardo with other state leaders and health officials to coordinate measles response nationwide.
Lezama said none of the 10 confirmed cases have developed severe symptoms, with all patients discharged from hospitals and recovering at home under medical supervision.
“We have 10 cases, all at home, all discharged, and we will continue promoting vaccination,” the governor stated.
According to Lezama, four of the infections are linked to travel to a state with higher measles incidence.
The cases are distributed across four municipalities: four in Benito Juárez (Cancún), three in Playa del Carmen, two in Othón P. Blanco, and one in Isla Mujeres.
Following the meeting, Lezama emphasized that health authorities have administered more than 5,700 vaccine doses in the state to prevent further spread.
The state health department has intensified vaccination efforts for infants and adolescents since the national outbreak began, she noted.
Lezama reiterated calls for residents to visit vaccination sites and maintain preventive measures throughout the state.
The most vulnerable populations include children aged six months to 12 years, as well as people aged 13 to 49 who have not been vaccinated.
“Vaccination and prevention are the most effective tools to avoid the spread of this virus,” Lezama concluded.
More National News
- Strawberry Dumping Ruling Threatens Nearly 5,000 Mexican Producers
- Mexico Railway Spending Lags First-Half Targets
- Extortion in Mexico Hits Highest Level in 11 Years, Coparmex Says
- Mexico Recovers 1,132 Pre-Hispanic Artifacts Returned From US
- US to Allow Mexico Access to Drone Systems to Combat Organized Crime
More Quintana Roo
- Profeco Monitors Tourist Services in Quintana Roo, Warns Against Fake Offers
- Quintana Roo Government to Auction More Than 130 Vehicles
- SAT Offers Quintana Roo Taxpayers Up to 100% Off Fines and Surcharges
- Sargassum Gives Mexican Caribbean a Breather as Arrivals Drop 25% and Shift North
- Sargassum-Based Fertilizer for Berries and Avocados Expands Globally

